VM Series to AWS VPN

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

VM Series to AWS VPN

L1 Bithead

Hi,

My main aim is that I'm trying to setup a VPN between AWS and my VM Series.

I so far have my Phase 1 and Phase 2 connections up. My AWS VPN has a static route to the remote CIDR, but when I try and send traffic over this (example ping or ssh to 172.168.1.5 from a server on the AWS side) I see no traffic hitting the the VM series.

If I run a traceroute on the server I see it get as far as the local AWS CIDR 169.254.222.244/30 but then don't see anything in the monitor side on the VM series.

What areas would i need to check to to either see the traffic attempts or see what could stop it from going over the tunnel?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

L0 Member

My question is - am I an ignoramus for not knowing this? I get that I probably shouldn't have taken their published throughput numbers at face value, but I've just never had reported issues with throughput using this type of design in the past. Moreover, this limitation was not mentioned anywhere in any documentation/blog posts, etc. I could find previously.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!