Blocking files based on content

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Blocking files based on content

L0 Member

Hello,

I'm completely new to PAN, but we need to create a solution that blocks files based on content where the code that examines the content needs to be our custom code. For example the file could be sent to a microservice for examination and that service would determine whether or not to let that file through. Is that even possible ?

Regards,

Tadeusz

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hi

Wildfire can categorize and block or allow files based on the content, it is possible to achieve what you want with the anti-virus profile and wildfire. 

PCCSA PCNSA PCNSE PCSAE

L3 Networker

Hi,

Yes its possible but u need to submit the file for wildfire analysis if anomaly id detected in its behavior based on generated report u ll get to know if its safe ...

Regards,

Suresh

Sureshreddymudhireddy

L0 Member

Thank you for providing the direction, unfortunately I need to do the content analysis using my own code. Unfortunately, I haven't found in the documentation the way to do that.

Tadeusz

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!