Dynamic TS-Agent Configuration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Dynamic TS-Agent Configuration

L0 Member

Hi

We currently have 100+ Citrix Servers with more being added or removed every week. The TS-Agent is installed as part of the default Citrix Server build but it would be nice to have a slicker process to add new servers into the Panorama config. Presumably this is could be done using the API. Does anyone have any experience that they would like to share?

Thanks

Peter

4 REPLIES 4

L2 Linker

We are also about to run into this problem as our Citrix guys are asking us to add 500 ts-agents on top of the 170 we already have configured. Is there a limitation on this for PANOS 4.1 and 5.0?

There is a limitation of User-Agents based on the hardware. Max agents on the 5060 we run is a 1000 and goes down from there. There is a "show system ?" command and you run a match for "max" outputs a bunch of limits for your machine including the TSA agents. Haven't got the command handy to find but will try and remember to reply to this thread with it when I get into work.

Edit: show system state | match cfg.general.max-tsagents. I did notice on one of our PA-5060 running 4.1.12 the limit was 2000 ( pretty sure 4.0.x was only 1000 ). A PA-5060 running 5.0.6 in our environment is 1000.

Ran this command on 4020 and there doesn't seem to be any reference to "tsagents" anywhere?

Someone form PA came back to say the 5000 series max is 1000 all others max is 100.

With regards to adding multiple ts-agents it would be really nice if we could add a range of IP's instead of one at a time.

L4 Transporter

I'm currently working with a project where I'm running into the same issue. I need to add ts-agents to the Panorama configuration as a new servers are installed and remove/disable the agents when the servers are offline.

Have you figured out a good way to do this? I would really appreciate if anyone could share their experiences with this.

I suppose it would be possible to write a script using the API to do this.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!