PAN 4.1 Forced and Partial commits

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN 4.1 Forced and Partial commits

Not applicable

We are looking into changing from using the 4.0.8's XML API to 4.1.3's XML API and I was wondering what the new Force and Partial commits do? I don't see much in the documentation that explains the reasons and usages for these new features.

Also, I was wondering if there is any documentation that talks about how to do a specific vsys only commit and what the limitations are on it.

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

The force and partial commit options are explained in the CLI guide. See snippet below:

Syntax

commit {force}

{

partial device-and-network excluded |

partial shared-object excluded |

partial vsys <value> |

partial no-vsys

}

Options

> force — Forces the commit command in the event of a conflict

> partial — Commits the specified part of the configuration

+ device-and-network — Excludes device and network configurations from the commit (configurations under

config/mgt-config, config/devices/platform, config/devices/deviceconfig, and config/devices/network)

+ shared-object — Excludes shared object configurations from the commit (configurations under (config/

shared; also excludes config/devices/vsys if in single vsys mode)

+ vsys — Commits only the specified virtual system configurations

> no-vsys — Excludes all virtual systems from the commit (configurations under config/devices/vsys)

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!