Re-Register IP to Tag Push from Panorama to Managed Firewall

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Re-Register IP to Tag Push from Panorama to Managed Firewall

L4 Transporter

I know that panorama will push registrations of IP to tag to managed firewalls and allow that registration to be passed on to managed firewalls using that tagged object group.

Is there a way to force re-push all registered ip's on panorama to the managed firewalls?   This would be in case the local firewalls lose their mappings or are out of sync and miss the registration request to panorama.     Specific case would be where panorama has the ip to tags registered in a specific group, but the local firewall does not.  In my testing, if the local firewall misses that registration request, even if Panorama has all of the correct registrations, the local firewall will be out of sync, and will be missing registrations.  

I'm looking for a way to either  force the managed firewall to go back to panorama and re-obtain the ip to tag registrations, OR have panorama re-push the ip to tag registrations it knows about to that managed firewall again.

Is this possible?

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for the post @Sec101 and Happy New Year!

The only solution I can think of is re-occurring scheduled configuration push: 

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/panorama/10-1/panorama-admin/manage-firewalls/schedule-a-configura...

This feature has been introduced in PAN-OS 10.1. With this feature you can schedule to run configuration push for example daily to managed Firewalls.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!