Broker VM offline in Cortex XDR

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Broker VM offline in Cortex XDR

L1 Bithead

Hello

I've a broker VM that is offline in Cortex XDR, do I need to remove the offline broker VM from Cortex XDR then register it?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Hi @weejh ,

Thank you for writing to live community!

You do not need to remove the broker VM. Please ensure the broker VM gets connectivity on network side or check if it is powered on. If the connectivity to the cloud is restored, you should have the broker VM up and connected again.

Hope this helps!

Regards

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L5 Sessionator

Hi @weejh ,

Thank you for writing to live community!

You do not need to remove the broker VM. Please ensure the broker VM gets connectivity on network side or check if it is powered on. If the connectivity to the cloud is restored, you should have the broker VM up and connected again.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Thanks

Hi @neelrohit ,

We are facing a similar issue where one bvm is showing as disconnected, also a couple of servers where this bvm was set as the proxy are connected and has it in the last good proxy as well.

Hi @Shahwaz_Md , 

Please collect the broker vm logs and reach out to the support team. You also might want to ensure if the network firewalls are limiting the connection from broker vm causing it to temporarily go down.

So basically we have to check whether XDR-related IPs are reachable or not from the bvm server, please correct me if I'm wrong.

That is correct. You can even do this by live terminal or even SSH to the broker vm.

One of the other tests you can perform is  as below:

openssl s_client -connect br-<xdr-tenant subdomain>.traps.paloaltonetworks.com:443
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!