BrokerVM HA cluster

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

BrokerVM HA cluster

L0 Member

Hi team,

I created cluster from scratch and added here 2 brokervm, then for new cluster I assigned dedicated IP address and FQDN, then in local DNS is created A record using ha cluster FQDN and dedicated IP address. Is ti true way? because I tried to install cortex xdr agent to endpoint using HA cluster IP as proxy list but no connection established from endpoint to to brokervm ha cluster. Where is my mistake?

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

Dear @Sadig 

Hope you are doing well, and thank you for reaching out to the Live Community. From the query abouve I see you are trying to create a Broker VM cluster and redirect the endpoint to the cluster. Please find the documentation I have linked below on how to properly set up or configure the HA cluster for Broker VMs. Thank you: 

https://docs-cortex.paloaltonetworks.com/r/Cortex-XDR/Cortex-XDR-Prevent-Administrator-Guide/Add-Bro...

Once the cluster is formed properly, you should be able to direct the endpoint in the correct direction. Thank you. 

If you feel this has answered your query, please let us know by clicking on "mark this as a Solution". Thank you.

L2 Linker

Hi Sadig

For "active/active" applets that require load balancing, you must install a Load Balancer in your network to distribute the incoming data between the nodes. See the reference here: https://docs-cortex.paloaltonetworks.com/r/Cortex-XDR/Cortex-XDR-Prevent-Administrator-Guide/Broker-...

The Load Balancer is not provided with the Broker HA Cluster functionality. This has to be done seperately.

Hope that helps. Best Regards

Hi Abdrahman,

Thank you for answering my question.

I already know and have done these parts. Unfortunately, no one can explain the technical details. A separate IP address has been assigned to the HA cluster - should it be registered with a different FQDN in the local DNS?

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!