Connect New XDR Tenant with Existing Broker VM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect New XDR Tenant with Existing Broker VM

L2 Linker

Hello

We are migrating our existing XDR tenant due to region issue. We have got our new tenant and Basic configurations are done. 
I have a question regarding the BrokerVM. Do we need to create new broker VM for the new tenant or we can use our existing Broker VM ? and If possible to connect the new tenant with the existing Broker VM whats the procedure ?

Are there any impacts using the existing Broker VM? 

Thanks

Ariq

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

Hi Ariq

A deployed broker can be unregistered via the Cortex console. Select Broker > Right Click > Remove Broker

Once unregistered the broker appears like a new broker. You can generate a registration token from the new tenant. Add Broker > Generate Token

I've done the same procedure a few weeks ago and worked well without impacts:

- Unregister first broker, register to new tenant

- Migrate all endpoints

- Unregister second broker, register to new tenant

Move Agents Between Managing Servers • Cortex XDR Pro Administrator Guide • Reader • Palo Alto Netwo...

Best Regards

Roman

View solution in original post

L2 Linker
5 REPLIES 5

L2 Linker

Hi Ariq

A deployed broker can be unregistered via the Cortex console. Select Broker > Right Click > Remove Broker

Once unregistered the broker appears like a new broker. You can generate a registration token from the new tenant. Add Broker > Generate Token

I've done the same procedure a few weeks ago and worked well without impacts:

- Unregister first broker, register to new tenant

- Migrate all endpoints

- Unregister second broker, register to new tenant

Move Agents Between Managing Servers • Cortex XDR Pro Administrator Guide • Reader • Palo Alto Netwo...

Best Regards

Roman

L2 Linker

Hi Roman

How did you migrate all endpoints ? 

TIA

ARIQ

L2 Linker

L2 Linker

You are a XDR champ mate. lots of thanks .

I took some to figure it out like how to open the console using RightClick +Alt ... lolz. Other than that, all ok so far. 
However , I got one more silly question. To make sure the existing tenant doesn't get any interruption, My plan is to Use a new Broker VM at the moment. 

So, if I unregister the broker VM and connect with the new tenant using token, will the old tenant have any problems ? Like no updates ? As far i remember We have selected upgrade using both Internet and Broker VM for the content updates.

Cheers 

ARIQ

L2 Linker

Hi Ariq

You're welcome 😉

Just make sure the endpoints have still a possibility to reach the Cortex backend. Resources Required to Enable Access • Cortex XDR Pro Administrator Guide • Reader • Palo Alto Networ...
For this reason I left one broker in the old tenant until all endpoints are migrated.

Best Regards

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!