Cortex XDR File Integrity Monitor and PCI-DSS 10.5.5 and 11.5 requirements

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cortex XDR File Integrity Monitor and PCI-DSS 10.5.5 and 11.5 requirements

L3 Networker

Hi,

I’ve read in https://isacala.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Cortex-XDR-Whitepaper_Coalfire.pdf that the PCI-DSS compliance with 10.5.5 and 11.5 can be achieved with BIOC rules. Unfortunately, there is no details. Has anybody done this and can share knowledge/experience with me?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

L2 Linker

I did create a File Integrity Monitoring rule for PCI that monitors our POS program files for any file action not performed by the POS program exe. Not sure if it would actually pass PCI audit though.

jruck_0-1684853051610.png

Hi Jruck,

Thanks you for the reply.

Unfortunately I don't think this meets PCI-DSS requirements which I'm referring to. They want us to monitor unauthorised logs and system files changes so it probably needs to be way more complex...

Hi Piotr!

Were you able to meet the requirement 11.5 (or part of this) with Cortex XDR BIOC?

L3 Networker

Hi Dan,

Yes, it required a lot of work as I had to design and create BIOC rules myself but once is set, it is working well.

The hardest part was to find what to monitor. I used following: Track changes to system files and registry keys - Microsoft Defender for Cloud | Microsoft Learn + our important folders. 

Hi Piotr, Thank you so much! 

• 5 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!