Deploying Cortex XDR agent with intune using variables such as endpoint tags

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Deploying Cortex XDR agent with intune using variables such as endpoint tags

L1 Bithead

Hi all,

My client is facing issues deploying the agent with intune, the agent gets deployed as expected but additional arguments such as ENDPOINT_TAGS="blah" added to msiexec seem to be lost as they can't see them post install when browsing through endpoints in the console. Unfortunately my experience with intune is limited but perhaps any of you smart folks has used it with argument passing and it worked with no problems? Is there anything that my client might be missing? Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

L1 Bithead

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please have a look at this guide and review it, may be there is something you guys are bypassing when trying to deploy or this may just not be possible when deploying using msiexec.

https://docs-cortex.paloaltonetworks.com/r/Cortex-XDR/8.2/Cortex-XDR-Agent-Administrator-Guide/Insta...

Regards.

Visit our Cortex XDR Customer Corner on Live Community to access resources for your product journey, engage in discussions with community members and subject matter experts, and register for upcoming events: Cortex XDR Customer Corner

Hi Mavega,

Thanks for sharing but I think it's a little more nuanced than that, I'm aware of the guide, cheers mate.

I feel like perhaps quotes are being stripped or something else is going on otherwise others would have had same issues and clearly I'm the only one who seem to be having them, but thought perhaps there's a trick to that that I may be unaware of.

Either way, appreciate the suggestion.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!