Install on Windows 10 Enterprise IoT with UWF enabled

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Install on Windows 10 Enterprise IoT with UWF enabled

L2 Linker

Has anyone installed XDR on windows 10 or 11 running UWF.  I am assuming I need to exclude some folders to make it work properly?  I thought I saw something but not having any luck.

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

Hi @bschaper

Although Cortex XDR does support Windows 10 Enterprise IoT for agent 7.8 according to the compatibility matrix, the UWF feature is currently unsupported. Once our engineers are able to test UWF’s interactions with Cortex XDR to greater extents, a compatibility update may be made. However, there is no guarantee that this will occur. 

For more information regarding the status of UWF’s compatibility alongside the Cortex XDR agent, please refer to your assigned account team.

Well I would love to see support added, from Microsoft it looks like just defining registry keys and which files need to be excluded to allow updating is all that is needed for Defender. I would hate to have to support multiple malware solutions.

Antimalware support on UWF-protected devices | Microsoft Learn

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!