Looking for the ip addresses of Cortex XDR server that sending syslog messages

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Looking for the ip addresses of Cortex XDR server that sending syslog messages

L2 Linker

Dear LIVEcommunity,

I was looking to restrict the firewall rule by only whitelist a certain ip address to reach the syslog server sitting in DMZ.

Cortex XDR is one of application that I need to whitelist so that the syslog messages can reach the syslog server.

Does anyone know how I can get the complete list of Cortex XDR that send syslog messages?

Thank you.

AC
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Hi @Antony_Chan ,

Thank you for writing to live community!

As I understand correctly, you intend to receive messages and alerts from Cortex XDR cloud to syslog receiver and hence you are creating allowlists on firewalls for specific IPs. For Cortex XDR communication to syslog reciever, you would need to whitelist the IPs as per the region where your Cortex XDR tenant is hosted in. The documentation is provided below:

Integrate a Syslog Reciever

Hope this helps! Please mark the response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your query.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

Hi @Antony_Chan ,

Thank you for writing to live community!

As I understand correctly, you intend to receive messages and alerts from Cortex XDR cloud to syslog receiver and hence you are creating allowlists on firewalls for specific IPs. For Cortex XDR communication to syslog reciever, you would need to whitelist the IPs as per the region where your Cortex XDR tenant is hosted in. The documentation is provided below:

Integrate a Syslog Reciever

Hope this helps! Please mark the response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your query.

L2 Linker

Neel,

Thanks, this is helpful!

AC
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!