cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Running an XQL Scheduled Report Email If a Result is Found

L3 Networker

Hello, 

I have a working XQL query that deals with Host Connectivity. Can I configure this to run as a scheduled report and only if there are results the report can be sent by email? 

I do not want to receive empty reports. Can this be done in XQL or on the Report side of things?

Many thanks, 

Michael Sysec

Cortex XDR 

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

Hello @michaelsysec242 ,

Thanks for reaching us using the Live Community.

That may not be possible. If you already have query ready and want email whenever the result is found, why don't you try correlation rules?
https://docs-cortex.paloaltonetworks.com/r/Cortex-XDR/Cortex-XDR-Pro-Administrator-Guide/Create-a-Co...

I understand it may create noise , however this is the only way to get the email. If you want report then it will be sent as per the scheduled time frame, no matters whether result is empty or not.

If this post answers your question, please mark it as the solution. 

Ashutosh Patil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!