Convert Multiple Files

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Convert Multiple Files

L1 Bithead

Hello, I am trying to convert multiple files with different extensions using the 'ConvertFile' automation, so that it can be display on the layout. However, when there are different types of files in one incident, it keeps giving me an error. What would be the best way to list all files and convert them by EntryID? Here what I currently have configure with the fields and transformations.

axespera_0-1670353410461.png

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

What error are you getting? ConvertFile can handle multiple files of different types with no issues (just tested on my instance), so if there's an issue with what you've got it seems likely it's in the Filter/Transformer section.

I note that your "Where" section seems to be missing an OR before the final entry.

What do you get if you use the Filter/Transformer test panel with context from an incident?

The error I get most of the time is says that it cannot find the EntryID. Also sometimes the task takes a long time and then it gives the error. Not sure why.

axespera_2-1670429907820.png

This is the output I get when I try the test panel from an incident, those are the correct EntryID.

L3 Networker

Hmm, when I try with a filter I get similar test output and it works.

I was able to get this error: "Failed converting file. General exception: failed to get artifact file path, invalid file (52)" by manually deleting the referenced files from /var/lib/demisto/artifacts - can you check that directory to make sure the expected files are still there?

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!