ASA to Palo Alto Migration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

ASA to Palo Alto Migration

L1 Bithead

Hi Guys

I have imported a ASA config to Expedition, I can see that it did import the Adress, Services, Address Groups and Service Groups but nothing els. VPN, Interfaces, Rules and all other tabs are empty. Cisco  ASA Version 9.4(1). Any ideas

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

Its posible to receive a copy of that config via fwmigrate at paloaltonetworks dot com or opening a case with support and let us know the case number to get access to it and then check the format. Thanks

L3 Networker

Make sure you are always updating your Expedition.

With that said, I too noticed that the latest Cisco ASA 9 code isn't transferring over nicely. I recommend letting the Expedition dev team know so they can look into it.   

L1 Bithead

I'm having major issues too.

ASA Version 9.1(5)21  not importing any config

ASA Version 9.7(1)  not generating any useful xml output.

Will email fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com

I'm currently on a project where I'm importing large ASA configs from version 9.8(2)28.  So far other than lots of duplicate address objects, evertything else has been transferring.  I have to go into the config file and count all the object groups and service groups in addtion to security and NAT policies just to make sure nothing fell through the cracks during the import.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!