Auto Zone assignment & template

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Auto Zone assignment & template

L0 Member

Hello dear community

I'm currently migrating an ASA configuration to Palo VM, and after importing config files expedition has correctly calculated the from and to zones on my ruleset 

However, after adapting some IP address of my ethernet interfaces, plus changing few NAT rules,  I wanted to proceed to another auto zone assignement.

The problem is that it doesn't seem to work.

When i Select my rule, then right click for auto zone assignment i obtain the following : 

BenjaminCALVEZ_0-1587337196165.png

After correctly filling the fields the way i wanted to (same like on the screenshot btw), i proceed to "calculate", but the result isn't changing on my rule.

My source and dest zones are still the same, while they shouldn't (for example, the "from" zone for my test rule should change as my group object in source contains IPs that are in my LAN zone, but the "from" zone doesn't change at all).

I have interfaces configured with correct zones, and corresponding routes also configured on my virtual routers (destination network with next hop + outlet interface)

Any idea about what is happening there ? 

I was also wondering what the "template" thing that is prompted for when auto assigning zone, I guess this has some connection with panorama but i'm not familiar with it, plus I have no panorama in my setup and I guess this "template1" has been automatically generated by expedition.

PS : using expedition 1.1.65 here.

Thank you per advance for your kind answers.

Br 

Benjamin 

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

Have you tried selecting a valid template from your list?

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!