Can't generate output files

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Can't generate output files

L6 Presenter

I am doing ASA to PA migration. After editing the original configuration and importing base image I am ready to merge and export.

Merge works fine and doesn't show any errors. But every time i click Generate XML & Set Output it gets stuck. I've tried in different browsers, I've tried with different base configs, I've upgraded Expedition to the latest version, rebooted server... but nothing helped. It doesn't report any errors it is just stuck there

Usually it's stuck with text saying Generating Profiles vsys/dg;vsys1

santonic_0-1702038350311.png

How can I fix or troubleshoot this, please? 

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

Could it be that I created a custom Security Profile Group as a placeholder without any XML code? In that case what would be the minimum code required? 

L2 Linker

@santonic - Can you share your configuration file or expedition project using a TAC case?

Please send the TAC case number to us using:  fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com 

Hi @santonic 

Besides sharing the config as my colleague @sanandh propose, you can check the file /tmp/error to check for the error.

As you are pointing the error could be due to the custom security profile group. Instead of creating it from scratch on Expedition I will suggest you to create on your device and import into Expedition using your base config. After that, using the bulk change or multi-edit you can add it to all or the selected sec rules.

Let us know if we could help in something else.

Best regards,

David

L6 Presenter

Thank you all for replies and TAC won't be needed. It was the case of wrong XML code for the Security Profile Group I created in Expedition (and left the XML field empty). After adding simple XML code for an empty Security Profile Group I was able to create output files.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!