Cisco ASA - Unable to upload config file

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cisco ASA - Unable to upload config file

L1 Bithead

Currently migrating ASA to PA-3220. It looks like process is stuck at phase 2 when trying to upload ASA config file.  I have tried two different ASA config file but process seems to be hung and unable to complete.

11 REPLIES 11

L6 Presenter

Hello @Tien_Vo 

Could you please try to upgrade your Expedition to latest release v1.1.77 and try again.  If it still not working, please open a TAC case and you can share the Cisco ASA config vis TAC case.  

Thank you!

L5 Sessionator

The importing & conversion process leaves some logs in the /tmp/error file.

Could you check if this file shows messages that can help identifying the source of the issue?
If the information in there seems sensitive, please attach that file in the TAC case as well.

Currently, running on version 1.1.76.1 and when trying to update to 1.1.77, this is the issue that I ran into(13: Permission denied).

$ apt-get update
Reading package lists... Done
W: chmod 0700 of directory /var/lib/apt/lists/partial failed - SetupAPTPartialDirectory (1: Operation not permitted)
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (13: Permission denied)
E: Unable to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/
W: Problem unlinking the file /var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin - RemoveCaches (13: Permission denied)
W: Problem unlinking the file /var/cache/apt/srcpkgcache.bin - RemoveCaches (13: Permission denied)

Please make sure that you are running those commands as a sudoer. You may not have sudo access on the current user profile and that's why you do not have permission.

Updated successfully to 1.1.80 but this did not resolve the ASA uploading configuration issue.  Running into same problem as before, looks like the import is stuck at phase 2 in the process > File:AD2_config.txt Phase 2 Loading Address Objects.  

Any ideas?

@Tien_Vo 

Did you check the /tmp/error file as suggested? Please share those details, and if you are still having issues please provide us with the TAC case number so we can attempt to replicate the issue.

Once you have uploaded your config to the TAC case please email us at fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com to give us that TAC case number so that we can see what the issue is.

Here are the details from /tmp/error.

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/html/libs/shared.php on line 2648

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/html/bin/configurations/parsers/Cisco/CISCO.php on line 9061

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function fetch_assoc() on boolean in /var/www/html/bin/configurations/pars ers/Cisco/CISCO.php:9199
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/bin/configurations/parsers/Cisco/CISCO.php(670): get_interfaces(Array, 0, 'vsys1', 0)
#1 /var/www/html/bin/configurations/parsers/Cisco/CISCO.php(502): import_config('/home/userSpace...', 'ASAtoPA3220', 'AD 2_config.txt', 😎
#2 {main}
thrown in /var/www/html/bin/configurations/parsers/Cisco/CISCO.php on line 9199
n line 9199

@Tien_Vo 

Go ahead and open that TAC case and send us an email with the TAC case number, it looks like expedition is having an issue parsing through the config you are importing. We will need to see why that's happening.

Email sent.  Thank you.

L1 Bithead

Hello,

I am having the same identical issue.  Can I open a TAC case and share the number with you for assistance, as well?

Thanks,

Below are the errors I am getting in my $cat /temp/error output:

ETate_1-1640193362484.png

Thanks for your support

• 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!