Custom Filter for Security Policy Source and Destination

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Custom Filter for Security Policy Source and Destination

L2 Linker

I have a use case where I need to search Security Policies based on the source or destination being in certain network ranges. The filters seem to work fine until the source or destination is an object of Type=IP Range or an address-group of Type=dynamic. Those two types of objects seem to get skipped over by the filter.

Is anyone aware of a different method to get around this?

Possibly related, anyone know what the search options of contains.recursive and equal.recursive do? I've tried playing around with them but I can't figure it out.

HowsThisWork_0-1595980279216.png

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

Best option will be use filter like below shown in screenshot:

source in network (yournetwork)

or 

destination in network (yournetwork)

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 5.00.41 PM.png

Yea, that's what I've been doing and it works great. But it doesn't seem to match when the source or destination object is an ip range or a dynamic address-group.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!