Error trying to import device (Panorama) into Expedition

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Error trying to import device (Panorama) into Expedition

L0 Member

I add the first part of the information, but when I try to perform the authenication API it produces this error:

5 REPLIES 5

L5 Sessionator

Do you get any valid response when you do the request to Panorama directly via a browser?

And is your Expedition having the network rights to reach Panorama (FWs, Proxies, etc.)?

L1 Bithead

Hey guys, was this ever resolved? I'm having the exact same problem, here are my notes:

I'm trying to deploy Expedition to do ML on our firewalls which are all managed by Panorama, the Firewalls are running 8.1.13, Panorama is I believe 9.0.6, expedition is 1.1.10 running on Ubuntu 16.04 (Installed the OVA)

When I try to create an API key through Expedition, or login using a pre-created API key I get the same error:
Unexpected content in server response. Revise you are connecting to a Palo Alto Networks Device, and nothing pulls for Devices / Licensing etc.

I have been following this guide here
https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/expedition-articles/machine-learning-configuration-guide/ta-p/2...

But also following some posts that speak about special characters with API keys (this did help us a bit)
https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000CliMCAS

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Correction on the Panorama version it's 9.0.8

Hi @BRS-Alex 

Please try to upgrade your expedition to latest version: v1.1.79.2 by issuing below two commands in CLI:

$sudo apt-get update

$sudo apt-get install expedition-beta

Wow that worked a charm! Thanks

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!