Expedition freezing when I try to merge configs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expedition freezing when I try to merge configs

L2 Linker

Hi.
I am trying to use Expedition to merge an ASA config into Palo Alto. Imported the Palo Alto as 'Base-Config' and imported the ASA2 config from 'show run'.
Changed all the Zones in the ASA config to match what they become on Palo Alto, added a prefix 'From_ASA2_' to all the ASA Policy, removed some stuff on ASA which will not be required on Palo Alto.
Go to 'Merge' those configs, and Expedition simply sits there saying 'Initializing', nothing happens.
Monitor tab doesn't tell me anything useful, Expedition is 1.2.73.
Any ideas ?

LCMember1499_0-1696003165128.png

5 REPLIES 5

L6 Presenter

@LCMember1499 Can you check if agent is started , try to reboot the VM and check the agent status to see if it's up.

L2 Linker

I rebooted the VM and went back to Expedition.
By 'agent' am I manually starting :
The opening page tells me that 'PANOrders Agent is stopped' and remediation is 'Start the Agent'.
I have successfully merged ASA configs to Palo in the past without these issues.

LCMember1499_0-1696004975488.png

Hi @LCMember1499 Yes, you will need to click "remove all" to remove your 5 pending job , and click "restart" to restart the agent

Not really getting anywhere with this.
As suggested I clicked to 'Remove all' to clear any pending jobs.
However the service resolutely refuses to start.
What displays is below.
'Start, Restart, Flush, Remove all' all have no effect.
No change after rebooting the host VM.
At boot up I have 3 failed checks :
"

"
that's the IP which I log onto Expedition at : https://192.168.95.128/#dashboard.
"

"

This is the problem we are trying to solve.
And :
"

"
That last one, even under sudo root, gives me a permission error if I try to run the suggested command.

The ML and Python errors are not relevant here ?
Issue with the 1.2.73 upgrade ?

LCMember1499_0-1696236257133.png

Thanks for the assistance, I found https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/expedition-discussions/panorders-agent-is-stopped-cant-restart/... which recommended removing, flushing and re-installing the rabbitmq server to solve a similar issue.
That one was dated July 2018 but, nothing ventured, nothing gained, I followed it anyway and .... it seems to have fixed the issue.
Service now started and merged config generated.
Thanks again.  

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 77 Subscriptions
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!