Expedition worked Yesterday, Today I can't Import

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Expedition worked Yesterday, Today I can't Import

L2 Linker

Yesterday I was able to import Palo Expedition and Juniper Junos config files.

Today, when I went to show my engineer one of the methods I planned to use, I can no longer import files.  It just goes to “Initializing” and stops.

We tried rebooting the Expedition server with no success.

I have tried from multiple browsers and even from a VM using a different OS.

Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7

L2 Linker

...And an hour later it started working again!!!

And then it didn't.

I'm rebuilding from a clean Ubuntu install, then doing a snapshot this time.

Eric

Hi @Eric_Troldahl 

Did a new VM work on your side?

As I shared by email, if there's any issue while executing a migration it should pop-up on the log /tmp/error

Let me know if we can help in anything else,

Best,

David

I have 2 VMs.  I had configured a new VM when we thought we were going to try Expedition v2.  old is 2 CPUs, 8Gb RAM, 40Gb disk.  new is 8 CPUs, 16Gb RAM, 500Gb disk.

I wiped both and did a fresh install of Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, then fresh install of Expedition v1 from the installer script.

VM with smaller/fewer resources won't let me log in to the GUI, newer/larger VM rebuilt fine.

I am having my Virtualization Services team upgrade the original VM to 8/16/500 and will see if I can install then.

For now I at least have 1 VM that I can use, and I did a snapshot of the fresh install so I can revert if needed.

Regards,

Eric

Expedition Team:

Having cloned the Expedition VM, changed the IP and hostname of the Ubuntu host, the server boots but I cannot reach the GUI using the FQDN.  Apache is loading, but showing a blank page.  If I navigate to the GUI via IP address it loads fine.  Can you point me to the configuration file that I need to modify to enable using the new FQDN?

Thanks,

Eric

L6 Presenter

Hi @Eric_Troldahl This mostly related to the DNS server in your environment , if you are using local host file , you can update the /etc/hosts file with the new IP for the FQDN of expedition, if the DNS server is controlled by IT admin, you will need to ask them to update the DNS record to reflect the new IP

I have two DNS records.  When I use the IP or FQDN of the "-v1" / ".85" server, it works.  When I use the IP of the .80 server, it works, when I user the FQDN without "-v1", it loads a white page instead of the Expedition login page.  The .80 VM is a clone of the .85 VM with the IP and hostname changed:

xxxxxxx@xxxxxxx ~ % nslookup expedition-palo.xxx.xxx.xxx

Server: x.x.x.x

Address: x.x.x.x#53

Name: expedition-palo.xxx.xxx.xxx

Address: x.x.x.80

xxxxxxx@xxxxxxx ~ % nslookup expedition-v1-palo.xxx.xxx.xxx

Server: x.x.x.x

Address: x.x.x.x#53

Name: expedition-v1-palo.xxx.xxx.xxx

Address: x.x.x.85

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!