Generate XML Output hangs at "Generating Monitor" or "Initializing"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Generate XML Output hangs at "Generating Monitor" or "Initializing"

L1 Bithead

Hello,

Trying to merge a Palo Alto 9.0.4 configuration into Panorama 9.0.4, I'm able to merge but when I click the "generate XML and Set Output" button it hangs at either "Generating Monitor" or "Initializing"

Panreadorders log looks like it just exits without an error message:

Checking: AbstractProcess
Tue, 18 Feb 2020 13:10:18 -0800 Start Task
Action: Export Merge:

Tue, 18 Feb 2020 13:10:20 -0800 End Task

Running version 1.1.57.1

7 REPLIES 7

L5 Sessionator

Would it be fine to share the project with us prior to the merge, so we can check what may be freezing this process?

fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com

Sending via sharefile to the provided email address. Has the same subject line. Thanks for the help!

Did you guys find a solution for this? I'm getting the same error today. Tried restarting the service and then the whole Exp VM.

Hello @BrandonBogle 

perform a sudo apt-get update and update your expedition client to the latest version. If this doesn't fix your problem send an email at the address listed above. Most likely there is an issue with your client as we are not able to see the same problem.

I tried the update, but I’m already at the newest version 1.1.89 (without upgrading to 2)

Hello @BrandonBogle ,

The latest version of expedition is 1.1.109 likely the repos are not being updated so expedition is not updating.

To update repo please refer to this post as you may need to manually add the repo as a trusted source.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/expedition-discussions/unable-to-update-expedition-quot-expedit...

I was able to get the server update to 1.1.109 after following the link, but I’m still unable to generate my XML/SET files. It hangs at “Generating Profiles vsys/db:vsys2” It’s doing the same thing for multiple projects.
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!