Generating Set & XML gets stuck at Generating Network Interfaces Tunnel information

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Generating Set & XML gets stuck at Generating Network Interfaces Tunnel information

L0 Member

Hi, I am running Expedition 1.2.96, attempting to modify logical-router & zone names.

I create a new project, import my xml file from the Palo Alto device in question, amend logical-router names, amend zone names, export > generate xml & set commands, and at this point it sticks with the message Generating Network Interfaces Tunnel information and never creates a new XML file for me to use.

I have no tunnel interfaces in this project, and it is unable to get back this stage. Is this a bug, or am I doing something incorrectly?

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hi @AndyFox 

Thanks for reaching out.

I guess it could be a bug in this release.

Please check the file /tmp/error to see the failure exception.

On the other hand, could you share an export of your Expedition project? That could help in doing the troubleshooting. If so, please upload it into a TAC case (only for sharing files purposes) and send the TAC case number to fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com

Thanks in advance!

David

L0 Member

Hi David, nice to hear from you again, hope you are doing well.

I will create a TAC case and pass over to you, but first of all just looking through the error file mentioned. Can you confirm whether Expedition supports logical routers/ARE? I think the issue may be that Expedition has no knowledge of specific configuration under the ARE and is therefore failing because it sees config lines which it does not expect. Will upload the error file too for you to confirm that, but if Expedition cannot support ARE it looks like this change is not possible using the tool.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!