How to export when only one source is used

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to export when only one source is used

L1 Bithead

Hello,

I have just successfully completed migrating a few Checkpoint configs using Expedition. I am now on to cleaning up unused objects (the decision was made for a 1:1 migration and not to make any changes during the process). Previously, with the checkpoint projects; I would import both configs, go to export tab, drag CP config from lest side to right side in its respective category, merge, generate, and download xml for importing back into Panorama. Now that I am no longer using Checkpoint config, the left column stays empty. I have tried a number of things trying to set the base config, but no luck yet. Any idea on the order of operations for this sort of export? Thanks!!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello @MattMicch2020 

So then you should be able to just simply make the changes on that configuration and hit merge and export that configuration for your migration.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L4 Transporter

Hello @MattMicch2020 

Regardless of if you migrated the configuration over or not it should still show a shell of the configuration you migrated from on the left side, also if you use the drop down on the lower right side of expedition you should see your old checkpoint configuration being referenced during the import unless you created a new project and the checkpoint configuration was not imported.

@azuniga Thanks for the reply! This is a new project, so there is no checkpoint or secondary config imported at all - just the panorama config.

Hello @MattMicch2020 

So then you should be able to just simply make the changes on that configuration and hit merge and export that configuration for your migration.

So after removing unused objects I navigate t the export tab. The left (inputs) column has no config under "configurations to migrate". Merge button is grayed out.

Sorry once you make the proper corrections just go ahead and generate the xml output and those changes should be reflected.

So it turns out your previous recommendation worked! I must have been "stuck in a rut" trying so many tweaks - probably recreated the project 20+ times and lost track of all my different configuration attempts. Thank you for your help!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!