I need to migrate PA-5020 configs to PA-3410

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

I need to migrate PA-5020 configs to PA-3410

L0 Member

Good day All, 

I'm trying to use Expedition to migrate the configs for PA-5020 HA pair to a PA-3410 HA pair. PA-3410 is not an option in the list of available devices. 
Is there a workaround to this? 

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

Hi @vkelly For your use case, you can directly export the running config from the 5020 and import load it on to 3040 , you don't need expedition. 

Hi,

Thanks for the  prompt response. The new firewall is a PA-3410, not 3040. I tried it nevertheless and the results were not pleasing.

Lots of errors during commit attempts. 
I opted to default the configs and start anew. 

There is still the need to clean the configs before importing to new device. Is it possible to use Expedition to prepare the imported configs for a PA-3410?

Thanks again.

@vkelly Using Expedition won't eliminate the commit error, fixing commit error is still needed.  Please open an TAC case  and TAC should be able to help you on commit errors. 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!