Jobs and Task Manager won't start

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Jobs and Task Manager won't start

L2 Linker

Our expedition instance is running 1.1.80.  Jobs and Task Manager starts and about 3 seconds later, it stops.  We have plenty of disk space, RAM and the CPU is not being over run.  

thepanReadOrders.log file has this entry:

Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to tcp://localhost:5672 (Connection refused) in /var/www/html/libs/vendor/php-amqplib/php-amqplib/PhpAmqpLib/Wire/IO/StreamIO.php:155
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/libs/vendor/php-amqplib/php-amqplib/PhpAmqpLib/Wire/IO/StreamIO.php(157): PhpAmqpLib\Wire\IO\StreamIO->cleanup_error_handler()
#1 /var/www/html/libs/vendor/php-amqplib/php-amqplib/PhpAmqpLib/Connection/AbstractConnection.php(208): PhpAmqpLib\Wire\IO\StreamIO->connect()
#2 /var/www/html/libs/vendor/php-amqplib/php-amqplib/PhpAmqpLib/Connection/AbstractConnection.php(192): PhpAmqpLib\Connection\AbstractConnection->connect()
#3 /var/www/html/libs/vendor/php-amqplib/php-amqplib/PhpAmqpLib/Connection/AMQPStreamConnection.php(60): PhpAmqpLib\Connection\AbstractConnection->__construct('guest', 'guest', '/', false, 'AMQPLAIN', NULL, 'en_US', Object(PhpAmqpLib\Wire\IO\StreamIO), 0, 3)
#4 /var/www/html/libs/PaloAltoNetworks/AmqpWrapper/SimpleReceiver.php(31): PhpAmqpLib\Connection\AMQPStreamC in /var/www/html/libs/vendor/php-amqplib/php-amqplib/PhpAmqpLib/Wire/IO/StreamIO.php on line 155

Can you help us understand why the task manager will not stay running?  This has been working for almost a year, and this issue occurred only in the past week or so.  We were running 1.1.78, and have upgraded to 1.1.80 to see if that would resolve the issue.  It did not.

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

Hello @Blake_Wofford ,

Please follow the solution in below thread to re-install rabbitmq-server 

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/expedition-discussions/panorders-agent-is-stopped-cant-restart/...

Thank you for following up with me on this topic.  We weren't able to get the issue resolved by following the steps to uninstall and reinstall RabbitMQ.  Fortunately, I found that we had a snapshot in VMWare for this server and I reverted back to the instance prior to this issue occurring.  We are now back up and running on 1.1.80 and I have created a new point in time snapshot.

Thanks for all your help!

Blake

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!