Merge result with empty files

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Merge result with empty files

L4 Transporter

hey

i am finishing the merge stage of the configuration and than download the generated files but they contains only the following lines

the "set" file is empty

the "xml" file has only those lines

===========================

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml version="1.0"?>

===========================

API commands generation also files. one time i have manage to see "error" on the progress bar but nothing informative.

thanks

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

i have tried merge the configuration "part by part" it looks like i get empty only after i merge the Polices .

all other are merge fine:

1) network

2) VR

3) Objects

4) Zones

how can i figure out what is the issue ?

thanks

Can u please confirm the version of Expedition you have? If you are not in 1.0.93 please upgrade and try it again. Thanks

hey

i was on 1.0.84 

after the update i am now on version 1.0.94

the merge action complete and i get a non-empty file however 

the PA does not accept to load the xml file since it is malformed.

when opening it on notepad++ it looks like the XML structure is bad, the file is not orgenized and the end is trimed in one of the rules in the security rulebae

please advise

thanks

maybe you send us the config file to fwmigrate at paloaltonetworks dot com for review?

found the issue with the Trimed configuration it caused by a non english charachters.

i think it will be a good choice to put some "Alert" on the import stage to identify if non supported charachters exist on the imported configuration.

i have imported policy from 2 different source files and it looks like i have conflicts in the rule names with the base config.

the "<entry name="Rule ID 2">" and a lot more exist twice on the security poilcy, one from the base config on the first migrated FW to the PA , and one is from the new config from the currently migrated FW

thanks

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!