Querying the Expedition database?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Querying the Expedition database?

L1 Bithead

Is there a way to query the Expedition database from the cli using mysql tools? I'd like to run custom audit queries against an imported configuration and it seems like Expedition has done all the hard work of parsing the configs into structured data. Not looking for anything fancy - just read-only access to the database to run SQL queries.

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

Hi @GM001 Could you please send  an  email to fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com with the list of reports you need. 

L1 Bithead

I could, but I'd end up sending you a list of 60+ controls we audit for, and some are fairly complex like "show me all the policies that control traffic to the internet with a profile group that doesn't have packet capture enabled in the AV profile". These types of reports are very specific to our controls and would likely be meaningless to the larger community, so I would rather be the guy that learns to fish instead of expecting someone to hand me fish. 🙂 If I could get ODBC access to the database I could write these queries pretty quickly - assuming you have a reasonably normalized data model - so that's what I'm after. And if I need to do it through MySQL tools right on the box that's OK too. The alternative is I write a parser for the config files and get it all in a database myself, but as I mentioned, it sure looks like Expedition already does this so if I can avoid re-inventing the wheel that would be preferable.

Hi @GM001 Please still send email to fwmigrate , so we can help you further. 

Will do, thanks!

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!