Update/Installation Servers for Latest Expedition (App) Installation on Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Update/Installation Servers for Latest Expedition (App) Installation on Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS

L0 Member

I am having a new deployment performed of the Expedition Tool within our environment, which will utilise the latest application release of the tool.  So it will be installed on a VM that will be stood up on a VMware platform anf the VM will have the Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS operating system installed manually.  Then we will have an engineer install the Expedition Tool.

In the Install Guide for the latest release (July 2019), it state the following;

The Ubuntu server should have internet access as the installer script will perform an update of the Expedition software by connecting to the Palo Alto Networks update servers for Expedition and additional Ubuntu dependencies, such as MariaDB, Apache Web Server, RabbitMQ, JVM 1.8, etc.

The tool will be deployed within a secure environment, so I will need to submit an exception request to allow the VM to access the specific sites on the Internet.

Can someone confirm what the URLs and IP addresses are that the Expedition Tool (July 2019) installer needs to connect to?

This is an urgent requirement, so your help will be very much appreciative.

Many thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

I hope you found the issue resolved.

We had some issues with the servers a couple of weeks ago, but those were resolved.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!