Updating the Running Config of Existing Project

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Updating the Running Config of Existing Project

L0 Member

Hello,

I have Expedition up and running, connected it to my PAN device, retrieved the running config.  Next I created a new best practices project, assigned the device and imported the config.  When I pull up the project, the I can see my config (policies, objects, etc).  After this, I made some config changes on the PAN device.  I went back into Expedition, retrieved the running config again, opened the project and imported the device again.  But the changes I made to the config are not showing up inside the project.

How do I get the project to show me the most recent config?

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

I belive you have to create a new project.  There is a video for the Palo CSL workshop that states the same issue with Security Policies.  You need to create a second porject, not sure why.

Also, I've been messing with the BPA part of Expedition.  I recommend you go to the Customer Success portal and perform a BPA that way until Expedition is ready.

HTH,

Bob

The reason is that the projects parse a PANOS config (or another vendor's config) and transform it into internal structures for manipulation.

If your FW had changes in its config, we would have to download the config and import it again into the project. In a sense, we would require to identify WHAT changed to keep the project in synch.

However, this identification is not a simple task to do, as we need to make sure that changes made in Expedition are kept, and are still valid given external changes made in the FW.

For the current moment, this feature is not implemented, even we had initial efforts (see Real Time Updates inside a devices window). The Real Time Updates required that the FW would report the config and system logs to Expedition, to notify on real time the changes that have been done in the FW config, and if a commit has been submitted.

However, the effort is not complete, therefore it is not active and we suggest creating a new project.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!