where do I check logs when merge never completes

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

where do I check logs when merge never completes

L2 Linker

I've got a pretty straight forward ASA to Palo migration. I followed the guide step by step. Unused objects and invalid stuff has been removed. When I click on the merge button it stays in the pending state forever. (No error message or any other feedback FWIW)

So what logs can I check in the CLI to see where the merge gets stuck. 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Yeah, the root cause would be nice.  

On the main screen there is a section for "Jobs and Task Manager".  If the service is stopped, press the button and restart it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L3 Networker

I had the same issue.  I always have a second browser open to Expedition.  When it hangs for any reason, for some reason the service has stopped.  Once I restart it, it works and the process will finish.

Hope that helps.

Bob

OK, what service is being restarted? And how? i.e. is this a CLI restart? Also, it seems a bit of a bandaid to restart when it hangs. I'd like to find the root cause of this behaviour if possible.

Yeah, the root cause would be nice.  

On the main screen there is a section for "Jobs and Task Manager".  If the service is stopped, press the button and restart it.

Yea, I should have notice that section. Thanks.

Check the doc related to log analisys please https://paloaltonetworks.box.com/s/2h1xd16i5nlwkv9pmpega0m416rnps0q 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!