6.0.2 Upgrade on 2050

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

6.0.2 Upgrade on 2050

Not applicable

I recently upgraded code to 6.0.2 on a 2050 and am experiencing significant packet drop issues (network becomes inaccessible).  It is resolved when you reboot the device, but it only is resolved for about a day, and then goes back to dropping traffic, has anyone else experienced this or knows of a solution?  (I also have a case open regarding this issue).  Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Hello Sir,

Could you please verify data-plane pool statistics while you have packet drop issue on this firewall.

> debug dataplane pool statistics  ----see any buffer counter is over utilized

>show counter global filter delta yes  ------ see any indication for packet drops here ( run this command multiple times, after 5 seconds interval)

Thanks

L1 Bithead

I just had this issue after upgrading my PA-2050 from version 5.0.X to 6.0.2. Extremely high ping times to the WAN interface and local routers. How was this resolved?

cmuchong

If you are using the MGT interface reconfigure a dataplane interface to function as MGT. Change all of your service routes to use the new Dataplane interface you just configured to use as the MGT interface and disconnect the management interface completely. You can talk to the case owner about what I am recommending to do if there are any questions. I have provided information on how to change your service routes from the MGT interface to a dataplane interface.

Setting a Service Route for Services to Use a Dataplane Interface from the Web UI and CLI

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!