8.0.15 How is it running

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

8.0.15 How is it running

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello Community,

How is it running for those that have already upgraded? I would wait but the release of the recent vulnerabilities have pushed this forward for me.

https://securityadvisories.paloaltonetworks.com/

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@OtakarKlier,

The two published security advisories addressed in this release are fairly easy to mitigate against, so I wouldn't really recommend rushing to 8.0.15 unless you simply can't perform mitigations due to business/regulatory requirements.

I've been putting it through automated tests on a few pieces of lab equipment and everything is working fine at this point in time, but it's still too early to really say it's a stable release. I wouldn't expect any issues at this point, as 8.0.15 released in a normal time period between 8.0.14 that it doesn't feel rushed out. 

I've had a few tunnels up however and they've been stable, GlobalProtect appears fully functional, EDLs are functioning fine, Decryption is nominal, and I can't say that I've seen anything that looks like it could be a potential issue. 

Yep, we already have it protected and I'm sure PAN has signatures to defend against it. Was just wondering since management will tell me to do something about it :).

@OtakarKlier,

So my atuomated tests finished running this morning and everything seems perfectly fine with no show stopping bugs as far as my feature set goes. I'll be installing it on some lower risk production gear this week.

Now my lab gear is off to test 8.1.6; this gear lives a pretty hard life when it comes to new releases 😉

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!