A new PA-3250 required licenses

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

A new PA-3250 required licenses

L0 Member

Hi,

I'm planning to deploy PA-3250 for a company. I've recommended the following modules for them as per their requirements:

PAN-PA-3250-URL4-5YR.

PAN-PA-3250-TP-5YR.

PAN-PA-3250-WF-5YR.

Now, i'm not sure if we must also include the premuim support license inorder to be able to opreate the firewall.

Can I safely deploy the device without a support license included ?

Thank you,

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@mhabiballa,

You don't absuletely need a support license, but I would really recommend at least a standard support license so you can actually install new PAN-OS updates. Just keep in mind that if you have any hardware issues standard support doesn't include advanced replacement, so you'd be without a firewall for a few days before you get one back. Depending on your deployment this may work for you; but generally the advanced replacement is worth the lift for premium support (which when talking about Palo Alto licenses/subscriptions is one thing that is actually fairly cheap).  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@mhabiballa,

You don't absuletely need a support license, but I would really recommend at least a standard support license so you can actually install new PAN-OS updates. Just keep in mind that if you have any hardware issues standard support doesn't include advanced replacement, so you'd be without a firewall for a few days before you get one back. Depending on your deployment this may work for you; but generally the advanced replacement is worth the lift for premium support (which when talking about Palo Alto licenses/subscriptions is one thing that is actually fairly cheap).  

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

I honestly do not know, however if they are already spending the money on hardware and other licenses, I highly recommend you get the support as well. 

Regards,

L0 Member

@BPry
@OtakarKlier

Thanks for the support. I'll discuss these points with them to come with a good solution.

Thank you.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!