add a second portal address to GlobalProtect (v5.2.12-26) on Mac

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

add a second portal address to GlobalProtect (v5.2.12-26) on Mac

L1 Bithead

is there another way to add a second portal address to GlobalProtect (v5.2.12-26) on Mac, as I do not want to use a plist to add a second portal address to GlobalProtect.I  want to be able to add the portal address via GlobalProtect?

6 REPLIES 6

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @cogbu ,

Yes, you can manage portals from the GP client.  Click on the GP icon in the upper right menu bar, and then the "hamburger" menu.  My client is 6.0.3-38, and after the menu I click Settings and then Connections.  I have done it on the GP client for years; so, I am 99% you can do it with 5.2.12-26.

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Just an asterisks to what @TomYoung stated, this can be limited by the admin so a user can't just add portals to the agent. In the event that you have restrictions in place preventing you from modifying the portal address, plist would be the only way to override this.

If this is a personal computer I'd try making the argument that your administrator needs to change this setting and allow users to modify the portal address. There's no reason to be restricting this setting on a personal device, but if this is an issued device that could complicate things. IF there's a business need to connect to multiple portals I'd push for a separate agent config that would allow you to modify the portal address. 

They can type the portal address in, but when they click on Save, it does not save!

This works OK on Windows laptops. Both Mac & Windows laptops connect to the same Prisma Access gateway and use the same App Settings profile.  But this does not work for Mac laptops.and user does not want to use Plist.

A separate agent could also be considered. 

They can type the portal address in, but when they click on Save, it does not save!

This works OK on Windows laptops. Both Mac & Windows laptops connect to the same Prisma Access gateway and use the same App Settings profile.  But this does not work for Mac laptops and the user does not want to use Plist.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @cogbu ,

Did you see @BPry 's comment?  Please make sure clients are allowed to make changes.  If you are using Prisma Acess, you would need to make the changes there.

My GlobalProtect client does not have a Save button.  Maybe because it is version 6.

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Thank you for your suggestions.

in this case,  It was related to plist permissions on Mac laptops. When the user tried to save the additional portal address, he didn't have the permissions for this to be saved to the relevant plist.

thank you!

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!