Admin users AD authentication HELP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Admin users AD authentication HELP

L2 Linker

I am trying to configure login to the firewall GUI via Active directory authentication  with virtual systems on, I followed the document "eDirectory and LDAP Authentication with PANOS", but when I configured Administrators on Authentication Profile only appears shared not vsys defined profiles. On shared Authentication Profile, groups and users from AD doesn’t appear. Please Help.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

Try setting up a RADIUS server instead.

The Admin, SSL VPN and Capture Portal uses the same Authentication Profile (LDAP/RADIUS) instead of the Pan-Agent LDAP (Novell/Active Directory)

Follow the same directions on how to setup LDAP profile for Capture profile or SSL VPN.

The biggest issue I had with the LDAP profile with that it does not work with Pan-Agent user structure (Domain\User) like the RADIUS profile.  So you will need to manually add user accounts instead of using Pan-agent setup.

I can only select shared Authentication Profile when I configure an Administrator, and

I can’t add users because I don’t get to see them on the shared Ldap profile.

Thanks

Finally I’ve solved the authentication issue,

I’ve created an Authentication profile and added manually admin user names on Additional users.

On administrators I’ve created a new administrator with the same name as the AD user, after I assigned the authentication profile below, and administrator rights.

But I don’t want to create a new administrator for each admin user, I want to use AD groups.

Thanks

Hi There,

You can use the user "all" instead.

More details and doc can be found in this thread:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/message/3103#3103

Thx

James

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!