Akamai Technologies?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Akamai Technologies?

L3 Networker

It seems nearly every time I need to determine the URLs that are using what seems to be excessive bandwidth, this one comes up the most. Akamai Technologies. I understand they are a CDN, but if most services rely on their services and that is as far as we can go to determine the source, this really kills any advantage of the PA; or at least the reason we opt for it. Application/URL monitoring.

For this particular example.

I am looking at applications that use Flash. We need to determine what Flash is being used for in our company to determine the course of action towards removing Flash Players.  All of the major destination addresses while looking at the ACC points to Akamai Technologies. That does not tell me a thing of value. What is the actual site or purpose?  I cannot be the only one looking for similar data, giving all of the Flash headlines right now.   There alt to be a way to pull a report and see what users (which that I can see in ACC) are using the Flash Player and for what purpose (site url, media, ads?)  Again under Destination Address, the addresses are mostly Akamai Technologies.

PA-500 version 7.0.1

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

I haven't yet looked at the reports in version 7, so for now I use the ACC directly to look at the URL behind the IP addresses . I work in a university and I often need to check what was downloaded from CDNs. It's not perfect, but it works for me.

URL.png

Benjamin

Maybe there is a bug in 7.0.1. When I click on URLS under Destination IP activity, I receive a "No data to display"

I am using 7.0.1, but I'm looking at the ACC from Panorama. Our firewalls are still at version 6.1.x.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!