Allow redirect URL with decrytion on.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Allow redirect URL with decrytion on.

L3 Networker

Hey guys one of my customer I not able to access the Redirecting URL's This Error display (err_http2_inadequate_transport_security)

I checked the logs the traffic  URL shows alert but the decryption is done.

We are able to Access the URL without decryption.

Created a specific decryption policy in which it enables the Strip ALPN. and we are able to access the URL decrypted.

The customer wants to send the traffic decrypted.

It's safe to enable the Strip ALPN and access the Redirecting URL or It compromises the Network Security. please share the severity if we enable the strip alpn.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@FarhanKoujalgi,

Some resources serving HTTP/2 traffic you simply can't decrypt properly, so what Strip ALPN does is essentially downgrade the connection to HTTP/1.1 by forcing the client and server to think it can't form a HTTP/2 connection. This practice is perfectly fine and is even required under certain situations when using certain features. 

Hey @BPry thanks for replying i am also want to know 

is there any other solution for redirect URL suppose the URL starts like example: https;//paloalto/3e324/3424/reyre23/googledrive 

Is it possible to Access this kind of URL without enable the strip alpn. and with decryption Enable.

The above is just for an example.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!