allow single url

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

allow single url

L0 Member

Hi,

on URL-filtering how can I allow a single URL (i.e. docs.google.com) and block all the others ?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

L4 Transporter

Keep the URL in the explicit Allow list under Objects > URL filtering profile  and block the rest of the URLS.

Go through this document for the details of URL filtering order.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-2731

Regards

Parth

L4 Transporter

Also I see that docs.google.com falls in "online-personal-storage" category

You can block that category but just allow docs.google.com in the Explicit allow list.

Furthermore,for ssl websites, It is not possible to tell what protocol is inside without SSL Decryption so the categorization is done either by IP or via the Common Name from the SSL certificate.

Regards

L6 Presenter

If you are trying to block/allow docs.google.com only then URL filtering will not work for you as this will be an encrypted web site. But, you have a way to block docs.google.com. Paloalto has an application to detect google-docs and it is called "googel-docs". In the security rule you have to allow this application. You can do this as below. CLICK on the image.

gCapture.PNG

Thanks,

Sandeep T

I have tried so, but it doesn't work, perhaps because ssl is involved ?

If I block the "online-personal-storage" category, it's not enough. My focus is to allow "docs.google.com" and block all others, all the categories. Have I to block all categories, category by category ? Is there a more simple way ?

Thanks.

You would have to turn on SSL decryption for SSL encrypted websites, when using URL filtering or to detect some applications  (for example face-book chat, posting etc).

You can block all the categories together by clicking down arrow key as shown below.

block-all.PNG

Regards

Parth

L2 Linker

What if you will create custom category and add docs.google.com in it and then apply it to the security policy? You can also check "Container Pages" to limit access to exactly specified URL.

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!