Alternative for Checkpoint capsule

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Alternative for Checkpoint capsule

L1 Bithead

Hello, as security engineer i'm visiting many potential customers and some of them are Checkpoint oriented ones. The main obstacle to migrate to PaloAlto is in many cases - funcionality called Capsule - where employees can connect choosen service via simple mobile application without full vpn client connection.

I was wondering if we can do similar things with PaloAlto or if there are plans to add such functions to panos.

What do you think ?

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Currently there is no option on the Palo Alto that is similar to Checkpoint's Capsule features. To add to this a small amount I believe that even though Capsule has the option to go directly into Email, Files, and such they don't actually eliminate the VPN in this scenario. The application still makes a connection back to your enviroment and starts a vpn like tunnel to get that information, the advantage is that the device itself never forms the tunnel. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!