Another download is in progress

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Another download is in progress

L0 Member

When attempting a download of a PAN OS software image, I get the error "Another download is in progress. Please try again later" in the download dialog.  How can I find out what download is in progress and potentially stop that so I can get the software image downloaded?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

From the CLI prompt you can enter "show jobs all"  check the last column to see if there is a download pending. You can find the job id for the download on the same line. Once you are know the job id for the download task you can issue the command "clear job id <id-num>" to clear the download job.

Hope this help.

Thanks

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

L6 Presenter

show jobs all on the command line.

clear the hung download job (assuming that there is one).

L4 Transporter

From the CLI prompt you can enter "show jobs all"  check the last column to see if there is a download pending. You can find the job id for the download on the same line. Once you are know the job id for the download task you can issue the command "clear job id <id-num>" to clear the download job.

Hope this help.

Thanks

This worked great for me too

Not applicable

Thanks for asking the question, MBS. I was able to kill the job that was hung and continue with the other downloads.

Thanks for the instructions. It worked for me.

Not applicable

Yes - thanks for posting. Worked like a charm.

Better question is, why does this happen? I see this problem every couple of weeks, and it's forced me to manually check my content updates on a regular basis because once some download is stuck, no other updates can be loaded, causing the firewalls to fall out of date.

I too see this.

Right now I have 2 customers one running 3.1.8 and one running 4.0.3. Both versions have this problem.

\Anders

L3 Networker

I've actually submitted 2 enhancement / feature request

ER 1.

Recommend changing alert level for ‘auto update agent failed to download content version xxx-xxx’ from current

Type: General

Severity: Medium

Event: General

To something that is different from a successful message. Such as raising the severity level to High

ER 2.

2 boxes in the lab running 4.04 (planning to upgrade to 4.05 this week) we have seen downloads get hung which require manual clearing of the jobs.

Recommend manual clearing of jobs that are in ‘PEND’ status for more than 24/48 hour or some configurable time.  

but yes clearing of the jobs manually fixed it.

Thanks for posting,

Saved me tons of time and the solution worked for me.

I guess the real question is why are these downloads getting stuck in the first place? I know the common sense answer where you may have lost Internet Connectivty but shouldn't these downloads auto resume? And if not there should be a software mechanism in the firewall to automatically clear these pending jobs. after a certain amount of time.

Roger

Hi Roger,

Unfortunately, the PAN currently doesn't have the mechanism to automatically detect and subsequently clear a hung job. We can try to cover this two-fold. One, we can have you submit a feature request to your reseller and/or SE. In addition, you could submit a case to PAN Support and we can debug further and 'possibly' incorporate this request as an enhancement or as a bug fix. Either way, we can try and substantiate the need to get this done on two fronts.

Regards,

Renato

Does 4.0.7 or 4.1 fix this error? Any workarounds in the mean time, someone mentioned about a timeout option, however haven't found it in the documentation. Logging in to kill jobs, us unmanageable thanks.

Renato,

Wouldn't a timeout setting for downloads be another viable alternative for hung session?

Thanks

James

I'm running 4.1.0 and I have the same issue.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 22 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!