App History and Old Release Notes

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

App History and Old Release Notes

L2 Linker

We recently had the issue where something that was working broke. It may have been a case where a new App was added or updated by PAN and some traffic that used to match a more general application (e.g. "ssl" or "web-browsing") now seen as a new application. The new App was not listed as allowed and got blocked. In particular, it's the "intuit-quickbase" App. However, I would not discount that the user or vendor changed what protocol their business process used either. I would like to figure out what is more likely.

I'm having problems finding out the update history of an App. I do have some approximations of when it may have changed, but I can't even find old release notes for content updates, only the latest few available. (I never thought to archive the update emails PAN likes to send out. I shouldn't have to though.)

Anyone figured out where to find the old content update release notes? Or how to get the update history on a specific App in a more direct way than digging through piles of old release notes?

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

On support page you can find last 5 version's release notes.Dynamic update page.

I don't know if you can find older.

L6 Presenter

what's the aforementioned approximation of when this broke?

L5 Sessionator

intuit-quickbase was released in with Version 376 on 04 Jun 13.

You can view only release notes of recent 5 releases on the Support Portal.

It is always best to read the  release notes of a version before installation.

The section "Previously identified as" in Release notes can come in handy in scenarios where security rules are strict.

As a side note, Application-filters for certain categories such as Bussiness-systems can be allowed in the security rule so that the New application versions do not affect Bussiness-Critical applications.

Traffic logs can later be used to track unwanted applications,matching the application-filter rule that need to be blocked.

HTH..!

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!