Application and Threat update failing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Application and Threat update failing

L1 Bithead

hi,

I am trying to update my content (Application and Threat) under Dynamic update, however it is continuosly failing with the below error,

Enqueued Dequeued ID Type Status Result Completed
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/02/07 19:43:17 19:43:17 125645 Content FIN FAIL 19:43:24
Warnings:
Details:Failed to update content with following message: encfilesize is 47069424
No matching apps package found in panupv2-all-contents-8120-5288.tgz
exiting with 255

-Till now, I have performed the following steps for updating this VIA CLI however no luck;

Resolution

A license fetch will trigger a content update and a forced license update can be achieved with the following commands:

> request license fetch

Download and install the content:

> request content upgrade check

> request content upgrade download latest

> request content upgrade install version latest

--------------------------------------------

Thank you.

16 REPLIES 16

Thank you @cnygaard the above workaround still works today . 

L1 Bithead

I ran into this issue today and the issue was that we applied a VM-Flex credits deployment profile Auth Code to Panorama which caused it to download several licenses that are meant for a firewall and not Panorama. As a result we saw improper licenses applied to Panorama such as Threat Prevention, Wildfire, etc. Once we removed those license keys and grabbed the Panorama Serial number from Software NGFW Devices > Panorama and replaced the wrong SN that was somehow downloaded when the AuthCode was applied under Panorama > Setup > Management > General Settings > Serial Number. Then Panorama was able to download and install Apps & Threats without errors.

• 16 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!