Applications in PBF

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Applications in PBF

L4 Transporter

Correct me if I am wrong but I should be able to filter traffic in a rule based on applications, correct? I am trying to create a PBF that will route traffic for one specific IP address using google-docs-base but I can't get this application to show up in the drop down list. It looks like it has a few of the more common applications but not the entire list. When I type it in to search it can't find it. I looked at this older doc Using Applications in PBF but it didn't help me out. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Not all Apps can be used for PBF.

because the routing decision is made at sessions start, you can only use Apps that can be discovered at session start.

For your example:

google-docs-base has a dependency of web-browsing & SSL

At session start the PAN will discover web-browsing or SSL and make a routing decision

Once this decision is made the PAN will keep it for this Session.

This is why you can't select all Apps for PBF

Regards

Marco

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Hello,

Could you please verify our  Application Research Center   in order to get more information about this app and dependent application as well. Also clear all existing session for this destination and initiate a new session and check.

Thanks

Not all Apps can be used for PBF.

because the routing decision is made at sessions start, you can only use Apps that can be discovered at session start.

For your example:

google-docs-base has a dependency of web-browsing & SSL

At session start the PAN will discover web-browsing or SSL and make a routing decision

Once this decision is made the PAN will keep it for this Session.

This is why you can't select all Apps for PBF

Regards

Marco

Thank you, that makes sense to me. Thanks for the help.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!