Arp Entry on 4.02

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Arp Entry on 4.02

L3 Networker

Anyone know how to manualy enter ARP Entry on a L3 Aggregate interface using CLI command? For some reason everytime I add one using the web gui it dis-appear after I hit ok. I have an open ticket with support but trying to see if anyone is experiencing it too.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

This would work for an aggregate sub-interface. Go into configure mode and do this

set network interface aggregate-ethernet ae1 layer3 units ae1.42 arp 10.10.10.10 hw-address 00:12:34:56:78:ae

The key here that took a little digging to find was using "units" to access the sub-interface.

Hopefully this is helpful.

Benjamin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L6 Presenter

This would work for an aggregate sub-interface. Go into configure mode and do this

set network interface aggregate-ethernet ae1 layer3 units ae1.42 arp 10.10.10.10 hw-address 00:12:34:56:78:ae

The key here that took a little digging to find was using "units" to access the sub-interface.

Hopefully this is helpful.

Benjamin

This works!!!!

command line has no ae at the end.

BUT!!!!

If you used the GUI DO NOT HIT OK after you view the aggregate interface as the change you added will be REMOVED!!!

Hopefully Engineering team is still working on my ticket.

the ae at the end of my command line was part of a made up MAC address and was not intended to signify an Aggregate Interface.

I'm glad we solved your short term problem.

Tech Support will follow up with engineering on the Web UI issue.

-Benjamin

Hi Friento,

I have the same problem with 4.0.2. But if you select the IPv6 tab on the interface and switch than back to the IPv4 tab you can enter the arp entries. May this helps...

Best regards,

Florian

Support said it will be part of version 4.04 release.

Thanks all for the help, the workaround works for now.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!