Avaya RTP UDP traffic dropped

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Avaya RTP UDP traffic dropped

L3 Networker

Hi All

Trying to get a path working for an Avaya solution. I can see in the log that SIP traffic is flowing without issue. When the user tries to make a call I should see some UDP traffic within a specified range but I do not see it in the logs.

I have performed a packet capture and I can see that the UDP traffic, showing as RTP, is being dropped but I cannot fathom out why. There is a specific policy for this and traffic levels shouldn't kick in UDP overflow. I feel it may be the SIP ALG which is turned on but unsure if that is the specific answer.

Any ideas? Has anyone experienced this before?

Regards

Adrian

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@a.jones,

Just to verify, you've enabled logging on the interzone-default and intrazone-default entry so that anything getting dropped there is actually recorded correct? If not, go ahead and do that so you can see if it's dropping due to not hitting the expected entry. 

Hi BPry,

yes, we are logging the inter and intrazones and the traffic does not appear there, or if I look at the sessions. The traffic is dropped before it hits the policy. I normally see something like that for a hung session or if NAT is not in place but this is not the case. I have a static NAT for the traffic. I see the SIP traffic but all UDP traffic is dropped.

I ran a port scan on the UDP range concerned and this appeared on the correct rule.

Regards

Adrian

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!