We have configured three interface :-
1) Trust Network- Behind eth1/1
2) Untrust Network- configured on 1/6
3) Azure network:- Configured on 1/9 -
We are planning to configure BGP in VR . Our Objective is:-
1) BGP peering would be with ISP router connected on eth1/9.
2) Only 1 host Server behind eth 1/1 can learn BGP routes and all other subnets and host will go to normal internet which is working currently on static route.
Is it possible that only 1 host will be part of routing decision in BGP and rest all subnet and host will go via normal static route.
bgp would be established between the firewall eth1/9 and the 'internet' (the host will not be aware of the routing)
you would need to set your static default route to a lower metric to ensure outbound traffic keeps using the regular default route (or ignore the bgp default route), and leverage policy based forwarding to point the one host out of eth1/9
Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.
The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!
These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!
The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!