Block user but allow captive portal

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Block user but allow captive portal

Not applicable

Hello,

I have been asked to block a students account from all web access but then to allow a lecturer to authenticate her connection via the captive portal.

I don't know if this can be done.

All users are authenticated at login (AD User-ID) and are allowed to browse according the their group/policy.

I need the system to be able to block the user but then present the captive portal screen so their lecturer can log the user on in that session.  As the captive portal only recognised IP addresses I'm stuck.

Can anybody help me out.

Thank you

Ian Meaton

Hereward College, UK

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

you can use the ignore list on the user id agent so they are not picked by the agent and presented to the Firewall. So they are unknown when they reach the firewall and are presented by the captive portal page.

Thanks,

Syed R Hasnain

Syed,

I can't find an ignore list on the User-ID Agent (v5.0.6-6)

Ian

Hi,

How to Ignore Users in User-ID Agent

Thanks,

Syed R Hasnain

Thank you Syed, now working.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!