cannot put a interface to work

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

cannot put a interface to work

L0 Member

hello everybody,

I configured an interface, ethernet/5, with ip 192.168.230.1/29 and connected to a device with ip 192.168.230.3/29

Theres no way i can see each other, cannot ping PaloAlto from the other device and vice versa

Ive already changed cables, changed IP ranges, changed network mask, changed interface port, added a managment profile to the interface, and  none worked

I have another PaloAlto in another building, made the same configuration and it worked fine, but with this equipment (that is working and has other interfaces working in production) i cannot use any other interfaces! Do some kindly soul have any ideia on this issue?

Best regards,

Luis Neves

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Ive found it, it was a "ping" application rule blocking everything and I was searching for a "icmp" application rule

Thanks

Luis

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

Is the interface set to L3?

Do you get any link lights?

Yes, Yes, its green

I think I cannot use any interface to ping other hosts.

In the other PaloAlto I can ping whatever I need or whatever makes sense to ping to

Ive found it, it was a "ping" application rule blocking everything and I was searching for a "icmp" application rule

Thanks

Luis

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!